Sunday 15 September 2013

If you will help me watch for eye-glow
I will drive to the boardwalks
I didn’t mind the milkrun.
As long as the Pioneer was pounding Talk Dirty to Me
the broken centreline trail was rendered
Rhythmical
Passing the Viking meant we were nearly there.
To the lake we went, every weekend.
July gave us only seven hours of dark
At 5:30, as the stars fell away and the clouds of reverie pass
red eyed vireos broke into song.
There were some things you just didn’t learn in the city
Like when it was safe to cross a frozen lake or river
when eddies kept the ice thin.
That the eyes of moose never reflected light
that black flies are a scourge to wild horses
that there were wild horses.
I learned to make a bonfire with enough smoke to keep skeeters away.
This is where my first love taught me to ride a dirt bike
And where I learned to crash
Safely.
Sandy Hook is the panacea to timeclocks  
Time takes a seat in a hammok
wearing a bikini top and gripping an icy beverage
and the only home invader is the racoon plundering through the shed.

I saw a young girl with fish flies in her hair
She speaks to fairies I thought
The magpie flew away with my chips

It’s always time for a swim.

malai carrara © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment